Dublin, CA Prostitution Lawyer
Fighting Prostitution Charges in California
At The Law Office Of Christopher A. Lamiero, we deliver skilled legal representation for individuals facing prostitution charges in California. Our Dublin, CA, prostitution attorney understands the unique challenges and concerns that can arise in such cases and is committed to offering effective defense strategies tailored to your specific situation.
Call The Law Office Of Christopher A. Lamiero today at (925) 259-3337 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our prostitution attorney in Dublin, CA.
What is Prostitution?
Prostitution is the act of engaging in sexual actions in exchange for money or another form of payment. In California, prostitution laws are primarily governed by Penal Code Section 647(b), which defines prostitution as:
"Every person who commits any of the following acts is guilty of disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor: (b) Who solicits or agrees to engage in or who engages in any act of prostitution." This means that not only individuals who engage in prostitution but also those who solicit or agree to engage in prostitution can face legal consequences.
What are the Penalties for Prostitution in California?
The penalties for prostitution in California can be severe and could include fines, probation, and even imprisonment. The specific consequences you may face depend on various factors, such as your criminal history, the circumstances of the offense, and whether it's your first or subsequent offense. Here's a breakdown of the potential penalties:
- First Offense: For a first-time offense, prostitution is typically charged as a misdemeanor. If convicted, you may face up to six months in county jail and/or a fine that can reach up to $1,000.
- Subsequent Offenses: If you have prior prostitution convictions, subsequent offenses can increase penalties, including longer jail sentences and higher fines.
- Solicitation: Soliciting or agreeing to engage in prostitution is also a misdemeanor in California. Penalties for solicitation include up to six months in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000.
- Additional Penalties: In addition to criminal penalties, a prostitution conviction can have other consequences, such as damage to your reputation, potential loss of employment, and difficulties in finding future employment.
Defenses Against Prostitution Charges
Some common defenses against prostitution charges could include:
- Lack of Evidence: Prosecutors must prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. We can challenge the evidence against you and seek to expose weaknesses or inconsistencies in the prosecution's case.
- Illegal Search and Seizure: If law officers violated your Fourth Amendment rights during the investigation or arrest, we can pursue suppression of evidence obtained illegally.
- Entrapment: If you were coerced or persuaded into committing the act of prostitution by law enforcement officers posing as clients, entrapment may be a viable defense.
- Mistaken Identity: If you were wrongly identified as a participant in prostitution, we can present evidence to support your innocence.
- Procedural Errors: We can meticulously review the legal procedures followed in your case to identify any errors or violations of your rights.
- Diversion Programs: In some cases, we may be able to negotiate for participation in a diversion program rather than facing criminal charges. Successful completion of such a program can lead to charges being dropped.
Contact Our Dublin, CA Prostitution Lawyer Today
At The Law Office Of Christopher A. Lamiero, our Dublin, CA, prostitution lawyer is ready to provide you with personalized legal guidance and aggressive representation to defend your legal rights and fight for the best possible outcome in your case. We understand the sensitivity and complexity of prostitution cases and are committed to delivering the highest level of legal advocacy to our clients. Your rights matter, and we're here to defend them vigorously.
Contact The Law Office Of Christopher A. Lamiero today to get started with our Dublin, CA, prostitution lawyer.
Here are some positive reviews from clients who have sought Attorney Lameiro for legal help when facing serious criminal charges.Read More Here
At The Law Office of Christopher A. Lamiero, you can get information on how to move forward by reading our Blogs!Read Our Blog
Criminal Defense FAQ
After an arrest, you may have a thousand questions about what to expect. You may hear words and terms you do not understand and be unsure how to behave. We are there to answer your questions and guide you through the process.Click Here For More