Dublin Sex Crime Defense Attorney
Outstanding Legal Representation for the Tri-Valley Region
Many different crimes are encompassed under the generality of “sex crimes.” These are forms of criminal conduct of a sexual nature that can be committed against both adults and children. Sex crimes include both misdemeanors and felonies. Additionally, the label of sex crime carries with it a social stigma and may also officially label you as a sex offender under California’s sex offender registry law.
No matter what type of sex offense charge you face, it is imperative that you seek help from a trusted and qualified criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. The Law Office of Christopher A. Lamiero has outstanding qualifications in criminal defense and our Dublin sex crime defense lawyer will leave no stone unturned while working to construct a defense that will be as effective as possible.
California’s Sex Crime Laws
Sex crime allegations in California can include but are not limited to:
- Rape, forcing sexual intercourse upon another without his or her consent, which can include spousal rape, date rape, and statutory rape which involves sexual intercourse with a minor under the age of 18
- Forced oral sex, which involves using force, threats, or violence
- A sex act with a child under the age of 10 whether oral copulation or other forms of rape
- Possession, manufacture, or distribution of child pornography
- Lewd acts with a child consisting of touching someone under the age of 15 for one’s own sexual gratification
- Indecent exposure
- Lewd conduct in public, such as the touching of sexual parts of another’s body while in view of others in public or having sex in public
- Sexual battery, touching the sexual parts of another’s body without his or her consent for one’s own gratification or for abuse
- Soliciting a prostitute
Examples of penalties that can result from the conviction of a sex crime include three to eight years in prison for rape. In the case of statutory rape, if the alleged victim is under 16 and you are 21 or older, the penalties may entail either up to a year in jail or up to four years in prison, depending on the circumstances. In the case of sexual battery, if the alleged victim was restrained, it can result in up to a year in jail or up to four years in prison along with a $10,000 fine.
Additional consequences may be mandatory sex offender registration under California’s Megan’s Law, which can be for life. Failure to register is considered a criminal offense. Information about your identity is made public through the registry and you will be subject to various restrictions concerning employment and where you can live.
Ensure You Have a Strong Defender
Facing any sex crime accusation can seriously impact your life and future. It is important to remember that you are innocent until proven guilty and that the prosecutor must prove all elements of the crime you are accused of beyond any reasonable doubt. At The Law Office of Christopher A. Lamiero, your case will be directly handled with respect, care, and diligence by our respected attorney. Attorney Christopher Lamiero has spent more than 25 years handling misdemeanor and felony allegations in the local courts and is known for his legal ability, integrity, and dedication to clients.
Phone us at (925) 259-3337 to get the legal assistance you need today.
Over 25 Years of Experience on Both Sides of the Justice System
Hard Fighting Litigator
Highly Respected in the Local Legal Community
Communicative, Accessible, Available 24/7
Same Day Appointments
Se Habla Español