Dublin DUI Lawyer
Defense After a Drunk Driving Arrest
A DUI can leave you with a mark on your criminal record and serious penalties that can have a long-term impact on your life. Whether it is your first offense or you have multiple convictions on your record, The Law Office of Christopher A. Lamiero can help you fight the charges against you and protect your right to drive with dedicated DUI representation.
As an experienced criminal defense lawyer in California who has handled many DUI cases, Attorney Christopher Lamiero understands what is at stake. His goal is to help you avoid a conviction or mitigate potential penalties. When you turn to our Dublin DUI lawyer, you will receive qualified DUI representation from a lawyer with decades of criminal law experience. As a former prosecutor, he knows what it takes to protect your future against the impact of a drunk driving charge.
Consequences of a DUI in California?
California laws take a strong stance against drunk driving and operating a vehicle while under the influence of any type of drug. I fight vigorously for the interests of my clients, regardless of the details of your individual situation. I provide experienced representation, working to protect you against some of the consequences of a DUI in California.
Penalties of a DUI Conviction in California
In California, the penalties of a DUI conviction include:
- Jail time
- Fines ranging in the thousands of dollars
- Driver’s license suspension or revocation
- Mandatory installation of ignition interlock device
The penalties of a drunk driving conviction go beyond the criminal and financial penalties. A DUI can affect your career opportunities, education and your personal reputation.
As an experienced Dublin DUI lawyer and a former prosecutor, Attorney Lamiero knows how the state prosecutes this type of criminal case. He strives to understand the circumstances of your individual situation so he can provide you with the best DUI representation and help you pursue results that suit your personal circumstances.
Whether it is appropriate to challenge the circumstances of the initial traffic stop or the results of a chemical test, our DUI attorney in Dublin, CA knows how to fight a DUI. From seeking a dismissal or reduction of charges to challenging the prosecution’s case during trial, our firm will not stop advocating for your rights and interests.
Will I Go to Jail for My First DUI in California?
In California, a conviction for a first offense DUI is usually a misdemeanor. You can be sentenced for two days up to six months in jail; however if you are granted probation, no jail time is required. You may also face fines of $390 to $1,000 and driver’s license suspension for six months.
If probation is granted, you may be on probation for three to five years which includes the following requirements:
- No additional criminal violations
- No driving while under the influence of alcohol in any capacity
- If a police officer requests roadside alcohol testing, you must submit to it
How to Fight a DUI in California
If you are facing a DUI charge in California, you must understand that you have the right to fight the charges against you. Here are some steps you can take to fight a DUI in California:
- Hire a DUI Defense Attorney: The first step in fighting a DUI charge in California is to hire an experienced DUI defense attorney. A skilled attorney can help you understand the charges against you, assess the strength of the prosecution's case, and develop a defense strategy tailored to your situation.
- Challenge the Evidence: Your attorney will examine the evidence against you, such as breathalyzer results or field sobriety tests, to determine if it was collected and analyzed correctly. If there are errors or inconsistencies in the evidence, your attorney may be able to challenge its validity.
- Negotiate a Plea Bargain: Depending on the circumstances of your case, your attorney may be able to negotiate a plea bargain with the prosecution. A plea bargain can result in reduced charges, lower fines, and a shorter license suspension.
- Contest the License Suspension: In California, a DUI arrest results in an automatic license suspension. However, you can request a DMV hearing to contest the suspension. Your attorney can represent you at the hearing and argue for a reduction or dismissal of the suspension.
- Take the Case to Trial: If all other options have been exhausted, you can take your case to trial. Your attorney can present evidence and argue to persuade a judge or jury to find you not guilty.
In summary, fighting a DUI charge in California requires the expertise of an experienced DUI defense attorney who can challenge the evidence, negotiate a plea bargain, contest the license suspension, and take your case to trial if necessary. If you are facing a DUI charge in California, seeking legal advice as soon as possible is crucial to protect your rights and future.
Learn About Your DUI Representation Options
Our Dublin DUI lawyer can evaluate your situation, listen to your concerns, and determine your available legal options to help you avoid serious criminal penalties. When your future is on the line, you have no time to lose in securing the DUI representation you deserve.
Here are some positive reviews from clients who have sought Attorney Lameiro for legal help when facing serious criminal charges.Read More Here
At The Law Office of Christopher A. Lamiero, you can get information on how to move forward by reading our Blogs!Read Our Blog
Criminal Defense FAQ
After an arrest, you may have a thousand questions about what to expect. You may hear words and terms you do not understand and be unsure how to behave. We are there to answer your questions and guide you through the process.Click Here For More